• Reading Time: 8 minute(s)
- Dating site for over 50s
- Matching is based on personality compatibility
- Photos are only viewable for paying members
- Important features, like chat messaging, are not free
- Organized and accessible to single older adults
- Dating site perfect for singles aged 40 and up who are looking for love
- Members come from different parts of the world
- Singles from younger age group can still join
- Site is easy to navigate
- No premium membership necessary
- For older people 50 and above
- Good number of features available for standard members
- Different platforms for member interaction
- Open for different kinds of relationships
- Standard members miss out on a lot of useful paid features
- Profile verification takes too long to process
50+ Singles and Online-Dating - is it a match?
The current trend of this generation is that everything can be found online. And that includes finding a romantic partner even if you are already in the prime years of your life. So if you are single and over 50, it’s really not too late to find your one great love at these later years.
Here at Dating Scout, we compare different dating sites that are available for you to join. We do full in-depth reviews which you can quickly browse through. We also help our readers, that includes you, to figure out which dating site is best for what it is that you are looking for. You can think of us as your personal dating counsel, guiding your way to a happy relationship.
Benefits of Online Dating for 50+ Singles
The number of singles in the 50 to 64 age group is rising. In fact, over the next decade, it will reach its biggest growth segment of 30%. Simultaneously, the stigma of using online dating sites are lowering year by year. And as a result, the usage of online dating sites are increasing. There are several benefits of online dating for singles over 50. Here are some examples:
You can meet more people within your age range.
Dating sites that are especially for over 50 dating have concentrated member bases when it comes to the age range. Thus, there is more opportunity for meeting people around your age through these online dating platforms, than in any other place.
Plus, the people you meet through these platforms are probably looking for the same thing as you, so the awkward stage of figuring out what a person wants is skipped.
You control the pace of getting to know someone.
In online dating, there is no pressure into going on actual dates to get to know the other person. Instead, you get to decide when you can move from sending messages to phone conversations, then eventually to meeting in real life.
You add excitement back to your life.
Yes, dating is exciting, but online dating is even more exciting! Imagine getting several emails from different suitors at different times of the day! Even if you’re not interested in getting in a relationship with any of them, you still get a daily confidence boost!
But of course, getting compliments don’t just happen in an instance. It takes a bit of work, which we will tell you in the next section of this page.
Online Dating Tips for 50+ Singles
1. Choose a profile photo that highlights your best features. Your profile photo is your overall image representative on the dating site. Use one where there is good lighting, and you have a good, inviting smile. It is best to upload 4 to 5 pictures on your photo gallery to show different sides of your personality.
2. Take the time to write a decent profile. What the profile photo attracts, the profile information keeps. Fill out your profile with honesty and enthusiasm, but don’t put everything on your profile to give leeway to others who want to get to know you better personally.
3. Carefully think before you post or respond. You have to be careful about how you react to strangers who message you. Gauge his or her personality and the level of your closeness first before you fully open yourself up to the person.
4. Start with coffee. When you schedule a meeting with someone, you met online, always have it in a public place. A coffee shop would be a nice, neutral first date. You should also let somebody you are close with (e.g. a family member or a friend) know where you are. This is just, so someone you know knows where you are when something goes unplanned.
5. Always safety first. Never give out your personal information such as address, ID numbers, and most of all credit card numbers and security codes to people you meet online! Some scammers lurk in the online space, waiting to prey on their next naive victim!